Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Choosing a Wedding Gown-Ramblings From A Humble Officiant & Audrey Hepburn Fan!

audreyAudrey Hepburn has always been a favorite of mine-a classic beauty with quiet sophistication and poise. When I came across this wedding photo of her (in a Balmain wedding gown) and first husband Mel Ferrer I was surprised! Granted, Audrey Hepburn could put on a potato sack and still look chic, but this gown just didn't seem to have the usual panache I associated with one of my favorite heroines. Now I am usually not a "fashionista" by any means, however I do know what I like-and I became intrigued as to what other wedding gown choices my favorite Audrey had made. In my opinion this one was the only mistake she made-what do you think? Below are the results of my research! Enjoy-
Audrey-Hepburn-james hanson-called offAudrey was first engaged to James Hanson. She had a wedding gown designed by the famous Italian Fontana Sisters. They were famous for their highly romantic ball and bridal gowns. However Audrey called off the wedding when she was in Italy filming "Roman Holiday." The dress was already made so she gave it away to a young girl from the town of Latina, Italy. She said "I want my dress to be worn by another girl for her wedding, perhaps someone who couldn't ever afford adress like mine, the most beautul, poor Italian girl you can find."
Audrey married twice, her second marriage to Italian doctor, Andrea Dotti. They wed in 1969. To that wedding she wore a simple pink wool dress and matching scarf designed by her dear friend and famous designer Hubert de Givenchy. I think she looks stunning in both of these wedding dresses and they suit her perfectly.audrey-hepburn-wedding2

So, a little fun look down memory lane of an amazing, iconic figure-and maybe a reminder that when you look for a wedding gown (despite current trends and styles) always pick one that best represents and flatters you. You will always feel the most confident and beautiful when you make those kind of choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment